PDA

View Full Version : onclick overlay

a8le
Jul 2nd, 2009, 11:36 PM
hi all,

i need help with a little javascript. i have an oscommerce shop that checks the stock instantly and directly with our wholesaler through a webservice. problem is the instant stock check isn't so instant at times, hanging the page for over 5 sec before redirecting to the product info page.

with that said, i want to put up an overlay (with loading image), similar to the one used in lightbox scripts... http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox/index.htm . i want the overlay to popup immediately after the link has been click... i guess using "onclick".

the goal is to have the overlay cover the screen instantly as the stock check is being done and before the product info page loads with all the relevant data, ie, stock.

i have made several attempts at using the code from the mentioned scripts and many others to no avail.

a8le
Jul 4th, 2009, 07:27 PM
anyone?

i really am looking for something really simple. anyone know of an onclick overlay?

-a8le

ckeyrouz
Jul 5th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Please post your code here so we take a look at it and maybe set the correction in it for you.

dododidi
Jul 6th, 2009, 02:36 AM
right ckeyrouz !!!

I would also like to see what he's doing wrong...where is the script "a8le"?

There is no script in the world that will make your site unique, but it WILL help others and yourself if we could see why it doesn't work