PDA

View Full Version : Netscape JS Error Messages

peterinwa
03-22-2003, 04:32 PM
I can not figure out how to turn on JS error messages in either Netscape 4 or 6. I was told to go to the Java console, but I can only find it in 4 and don't know what to do.

This page works fine in IE but fails in Netscape:

www.eatwellandexercise.com/cph/index_food.html

It is probably a missing } or a : for a ; or something that IE forgives.

I mostly want to know how to turn on the error messages, but if someone with Netscape could see what error messages they get that would confirm whether I do or don't have them turned on.

Thank you, Peter

requestcode
03-22-2003, 04:48 PM
In Netscape 4 version browsers you type in lowercase the following in the location bar: javascript:

Make sure you include the colon. Press enter and a box will popup with any erros if there are any. For Netscape 6 and above go to tools then web development and then javascript console. When you click on javascript console a box will popup with any errors if any. You have some options on what errors to display for NS6+ browsers I suggest you choose all. Good Luck.

liorean
03-22-2003, 04:54 PM
In nn4, you just enter "javavascript:" in the location field to open it.

In moz, try the menus - Tools:Web Development:JavaScript Console - or create a link to the mozilla.exe file with "-jsconsole" as single parameter.

In op7, try the menus - Window:Special:JavaScript console - and make sure the preferences are set correctly - File:Preferences:Multimedia:JavaScript, both "Enable JavaScript" and "Open JavaScript console on error" should be checked.