View Full Version : CSS Question

06-02-2009, 06:20 PM
I would like to make a colored border with text like in the image attachment. How do you make the color fade from left to right? Is this an image? or all done in CSS using a border component?


06-02-2009, 06:41 PM
No, mis-understanding - I made a *screen shot* of the web page with the rectangle/border that I'd like to reproduce (I'm guessing in CSS) - I put a red line around the rectangle in the image so you can see which rectangle I'd like to reproduce.

06-02-2009, 06:44 PM
You need to make a graphic that has a gradient on it that goes from the first color to the second color. It doesn't have to be that wide of a graphic. Just make sure the background color of the element you want to use it on matches the background color of the second color in the gradient.

06-02-2009, 06:56 PM
ok, so an image is involved. Is the text editable or is the text "built-in" to the image?

So this is just an image and not a Border object?

06-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Yeah the text is editable and yes its just an image and no its not a "border object".