PDA

View Full Version : Serious SEO

funnymoney
Mar 17th, 2009, 04:19 PM
How to start with some serious SEO?

Any good big fat books that guarantee google top 10..

Is it possible and how to enter into top 10 results if keywords are really really used.

First 300 pages are all with those keywords in title?

I read bunch of SEO texts, and done all there is in those texts but nothing happens.

People help! I really need this :( (site is not even in top 100)

abduraooft
Mar 17th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Webmasters/Site owners Help (http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35769) is a good resource. Also, try to make your website semantic (http://www.boagworld.com/archives/2005/11/semantic_code_what_why_how.html), which will help search engines a lot.

funnymoney
Mar 17th, 2009, 11:38 PM
When will it stop.. Learn this, learn that. Wow, no matter how much you learn, all there is to it is knowing how little you really know. :(

drhowarddrfine
Mar 18th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Does your site exist solely to get higher SEO rankings or does it exist to provide content. Not everyone can be in the top 100 and only those sites that have worthwhile content will be there.

Everything I need to know, I learned at Google on one page, I think, and all my sites are number one in their category if you search for them.

abduraooft
Mar 18th, 2009, 11:16 AM
When will it stop.. Learn this, learn that. Wow, no matter how much you learn, all there is to it is knowing how little you really know. :(
Or you could hire an SEO expert for this particular task :p

southmakers
Mar 18th, 2009, 07:04 PM
You can go to w3c.org and find a lot of good info on how to code your page to be seo friendly. Please keep in mind that SEO is not only about the html or w3c, it is about several tools included on a website in the right way.

It took us a lot of time to find out how to get to the top, to think as the robot would think, and we got there (to the TOP), but always thinking on the combination of tools, not on a single tool.

Another plan would be what someone else said before, get an expert to help you out and save your self some time. :thumbsup:

Emma Rosales
southmakers

gnomeontherun
Mar 19th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I say look up some major SEO blogs, they have great information from time to time with little tips and tricks.

funnymoney
Mar 20th, 2009, 10:07 PM
i think i figured it out. it's not as bad as it seems. looks like now all i need is to wait for the results :Pray:

TinyScript
Mar 20th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Hey funnymoney, do you think you could share what you found out? hehe I would understand if you want to keep it under wraps, but it would awesome if you shared with us. I want to know more and I don't even know where to start learning. Maybe you could give us a few small hints or details some tips you find useful.

banker0679
Mar 26th, 2009, 07:36 PM
you may want to search on google for

seomoz
digitalpoint
seroundtable
seobook

they have THOUSANDS of articles on SEO