View Full Version : What is this term called?

03-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Hey Ive been looking around the net trying to find out what this process is called in your guys terms, so the member logs in after creating an account and the php makes a page for him/her to promote say www.mypage.com/bob-jim

something like that, Ive tried searching for php replicating pages. if any one could give me a name to the mumbo jumbo i just wrote that would be really good or even a link to a good place for some similar tutorials examples. Ive just mastered making the login script took me just over 1 month. probably ages but man it felt good once it was all working :D :thumbsup:

03-11-2009, 10:37 AM
You want to look into the apache module "mod_rewrite" which will allow you to redirect all URLs from say http://www.mypage.com/*/ to the users profile. An example (not really intended for use) of this would be like.

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule ([^/]+) profile.php?user=$1 [L]