PDA

View Full Version : html order by design

BubikolRamios
Mar 4th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I have table displayed, and search div, but no order by options jet.

The idea is to have a dropdown and whatewer I pick it moves to "order by div"
There you could mark ASC or DSC, move items up or down, or move them back to dropdown.

Any similar samples outhere, or exact that kind with js and html allready done ?

gnomeontherun
Mar 4th, 2009, 12:10 PM
You just want the table to be sorted in the page?

http://www.workingwith.me.uk/articles/scripting/standardista_table_sorting

harbingerOTV
Mar 4th, 2009, 03:27 PM
and if by chance you're already using any jQuery, there is http://plugins.jquery.com/project/TinySort

BubikolRamios
Mar 4th, 2009, 09:48 PM
nope, had something like that, slow, not cross browser, useless coz sorts only what is on client.

Have, like 10 records (rows) per page, need to collect user sorting request and send it to server query. If I put selector for asc desc into <th>, doesnt work 100% coz this way user cant determine which field to sort first, that's why upper idea.

any other tip ?

gnomeontherun
Mar 5th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Then I'm not clear on what you want, could you explain?

BubikolRamios
Mar 5th, 2009, 07:25 AM
modified quote:

The idea is to have a dropdown (with dispayed table field lists )and whatewer I pick it moves to "order by div"
There you could mark items as ASC or DSC, move items up or down, or move them back to dropdown.
-->ths way user would have complete control ower order by.

If somebody already did that ? Then it would be easy to read everything from
"order by div" before sending request back to server.

gnomeontherun
Mar 5th, 2009, 09:36 AM
So you have items on the left, and you want to be able to bring them to a column in the right in whatever order they decide? I'm still not clear, your description doesn't clarify when you say "this way the user would have complete control" because I don't understand how you want the ordering to work.