PDA

View Full Version : Bizzare IE display problem

lpeek
Jan 24th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Hi,

I'm creating a website and for some unknown reason i decided to use rounded corners on all of my div's

I've got the corners to display correctly but if i open the site in IE (on any computer) and then open a new window above it (or an msn window or something) and then close this new window... some lines appear in my div's...

Its a bit of a bizzare problem, and at first i thought it was my PC but i've tried it on 3 now and the same problem occurs... this is only in IE. FF, Safari etc work fine.

see the site at: www.shhhhclothing.com/blog.php (http://www.shhhhclothing.com/blog.php)

has anyone got any thoughts? anything is appreciated.

abduraooft
Jan 24th, 2009, 10:59 AM
I've got the corners to display correctly but if i open the site in IE (on any computer) and then open a new window above it (or an msn window or something) and then close this new window... some lines appear in my div's... Could you specify a little more? I don't see any such issues in IE6. Uploading a screen shot would also be helpful.

PS: It might have something to do with hasLayout (http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html).

freedom_razor
Jan 24th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Can't repeat the problem in IE7, no matter how many and what windows I open/close on top of it.

lpeek
Jan 24th, 2009, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE=abduraooft;773727]Could you specify a little more? I don't see any such issues in IE6. Uploading a screen shot would also be helpful.[QUOTE]

Sorry about that, i knew there was something i forgot to add.

heres a screenshot.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/lpeek/IEbug.jpg

abduraooft
Jan 24th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Still unable to replicate the issue at my end!
btw, why are you using this much of floats with no real purpose?

#header { width:900px; height:127px; /*float:left;*/}
#menu { width:900px; height:36px; margin:0px; background-image:url(nav_bg.gif);
/*float:left; */}
#bodywrap { width:900px; margin:15px 0px 0px 0px; /*float:left; */}

After commenting some floats as above, have a try by adding height:1%; to your #bodywrap

Fisher
Jan 24th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I was able to replicate the problem using IE 6. Seems similar to a stray Java image when you scroll away from it and then back.

I don't know what's causing it, but I noticed it only occurs if I put the "other window" over the archive or This is a test blog title lines. Seems a big coincidence that both these classes (sidehead & h1) are defined by a separate CSS file (fonts.css).

tomws
Jan 25th, 2009, 12:09 AM
I see it here in IE7 on Vista. To duplicate, grab the window and move it around. EDIT: Actually, I even had it happen on mouseover.

Can't make it happen for FF3.

lpeek
Jan 26th, 2009, 02:08 AM
I was able to replicate the problem using IE 6. Seems similar to a stray Java image when you scroll away from it and then back.

I don't know what's causing it, but I noticed it only occurs if I put the "other window" over the archive or This is a test blog title lines. Seems a big coincidence that both these classes (sidehead & h1) are defined by a separate CSS file (fonts.css).

Hmm, that seems quite interesting... Not sure what could cause it in a css file... But I'll look into it. Cheers!