PDA

View Full Version : Safari Image rendering bug???

bcarl314
Jan 23rd, 2009, 09:22 PM
I've ran into a unique "bug" (I think) with Safari and images.

If you go to this page: http://www.writerspub.com/

In Safari, you'll see that the logo image (left top, the sign) and the main top bg image don't mesh very well. These were sliced from a PSD, and everything looks good in FF / IE, but Safari is a problem.

Anyone know what the issue might be?

I've attached an image of the problem

bcarl314
Jan 23rd, 2009, 10:22 PM
Hmm, that was really weird. Seems to have fixed itself. I just re-exported the images as "web ready" in photoshop and uploaded and now I don't see that issue anymore :eek:

gsnedders
Jan 24th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Hmm, that was really weird. Seems to have fixed itself. I just re-exported the images as "web ready" in photoshop and uploaded and now I don't see that issue anymore :eek:

To give the really technical explanation (I have a thread bookmarked where I probably ought to give a less technical one): the issue is related to the colour system and gamma of the image v. that of the layout engine. All layout engines just use the default colour system and gamma of the OS (this goes against spec, and nothing is likely to change), whereas the image may explicitly use other colour systems and gamma if those are respected, the colours will be inconsistent.