PDA

View Full Version : Zoom problems as well as IE and firefox/safari/chrome

enzo2813
Jan 14th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Grr I hate myself for not knowing these things. But a couple of questions.

1)Is there anyway to fix the text so it won't shift when you zoom in and out of a website?

2)Does anyone have any suggestions to fix the background loading problem in IE. When you click on a site it loads practically layer by layer of the page. It might be a driver problem on the laptop, I'm not sure. It could be the graphics are too high for the background also.

Thanks for you help. I appreciate it.

jerry62704
Jan 14th, 2009, 08:52 PM
By "zoom" do you mean change the font size? By shift do you mean overflow the containing box?

itsallkizza
Jan 14th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Well in FF3 (I think FF2 as well) and IE7 (as opposed to earlier versions) the increase/decrease font-size has been changed to zoom levels. This was done to preserve fluid layout designs for people with various default font-zoom levels.

To answer the OP:

1) Perhaps a link to your site would help, but I've found that most solidly-coded pages don't break at all while zooming in later browsers (because as stated above, the font-size isn't increasing, the zoom level is).

2) Again a link would help, I'm not quite sure what you're referring to when you mention "layer by layer".

enzo2813
Jan 14th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Wow. Excuse my idiocy. I knew i was forgetting something. http://anthonyrayharvey.com/fauxsiteppgv3/ If you need the CSS/Source let me know

pass the intro page and look into the items.

itsallkizza
Jan 14th, 2009, 11:28 PM
1) In FF3 and IE7 your page seems to withstand ctrl+scroll well enough - I don't see any layout breakages or text overflow anywhere.... Perhaps you can screenshot the exact problem you're seeing?

2) It's likely your background images are saved as progressive jpegs. This setting was used more often in the past when bandwidth was harder to come by. When saved in this fashion, a parameter in the jpeg's header tells the browser to download/display it in chunks (usually seen as horizontal slices). Try re-saving your images without that option.