PDA

View Full Version : website hijacking

giants10
Jan 1st, 2009, 09:35 AM
Hello,

Recently, the past few days, it seems that my website redirects like to jamster.com and superpages.com when you first load it up. It doesn't work all the time like right now I'm on Linux and it doesnt redirect but for Internet Explorer and Firefox it does. My friends tell me that it happens when they try to load it up also. I contacted my fabulous host and they said that they couldnt do anything about it. I just want this redirecting or whatever to stop. How can I do this?

oracleguy
Jan 1st, 2009, 10:11 AM
Is this on free or paid hosting?

giants10
Jan 1st, 2009, 10:19 AM
paid hosting

oesxyl
Jan 1st, 2009, 11:27 AM
paid hosting
what is the cause of redirection? can you post a link?

regards

Jan 1st, 2009, 03:48 PM
If it is the link in your signature, it works fine for me.

Millenia
Jan 1st, 2009, 03:51 PM
It doesn't work all the time like right now I'm on Linux and it doesnt redirect but for Internet Explorer and Firefox it does

What browser are you using on Linux? I can view your site without these redirects with Firefox on Linux.

Apostropartheid
Jan 1st, 2009, 03:53 PM
There's definitely something wrong: your site sends requests to search engines of questionable quality, and it finally redirected to one. I assume it's JavaScript somewhere, but I can't see it.

_Aerospace_Eng_
Jan 1st, 2009, 09:09 PM
I'm not getting any redirects. The only scripts I see are the statcounter one and the google one. There is one at the top but that appears to be only to prevent the site from being put in a frame.

giants10
Jan 1st, 2009, 09:47 PM
Oh okay, I mean I have no idea. It redirects to jamster.com and superpages.com for a lot of my friends

twodayslate
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:06 AM
Oh okay, I mean I have no idea. It redirects to jamster.com and superpages.com for a lot of my friendsperhaps it is your friends computers?

Maybe it is IE?

Apostropartheid
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:23 AM
It looks like IE to me, but I just came back to the site and it didn't do it again...

twodayslate
Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:37 AM
Anyone go to it in IE?

jeffatrackaid
Mar 20th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Did you get this resolved? If not, take a careful look at the code and see if there are javascripts that do no belong. I've seen hackers inject JS code into pages to cause this redirect. Also, watch for rouge advertisers. I recently dealt with a case of a site becoming flagged as dangerous by Google. We tracked it to a malicious ad being served in an iframe.