PDA

View Full Version : CSS Centering Content Help!

jickpictures
Dec 26th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I'm having major problems with centering the main content for my website in any version of Internet Explorer. The content looks fine and centered on Firefox and Safari. Here are the files below:

HTML: http://www.jickpictures.com/preview50/index.html

CSS: http://www.jickpictures.com/preview50/site/css/indexpage.css

You see how it is kind of flushed to the right in IE. I swear i've tried everything including text-align: left;, margin-left: auto;, margin-right: auto;

Help :(

Thank you!

tagnu
Dec 26th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Uncomment the text-align:center; style.

#centercontain {/*indexpage.css (line 20)*/
height:200px;
margin-left:auto;
margin-right:auto;
margin-top:150px;
/*text-align:center;*/
width:1000px;
z-index:2;
}

I also don't think there's a tag by the name 'heading'
line: 65

<heading align="left">new release</heading>

coothead
Dec 26th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Hi there jickpictures,

check out the attachment which has all your folders but not the images- (too big for the zip).

You will find the code a little simpler than yours and it works in IE6, IE7, Opera, Safari and Firefox.

coothead

jickpictures
Dec 27th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Wow thanks coothead, that really worked, but im not exactly sure what you did haha. I know you simplified all the code but I'm pretty confused now, how should I go about doing this on all the other pages now?

coothead
Dec 27th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Hi there jickpictures,

...I'm pretty confused now, how should I go about doing this on all the other pages now?
Well, to help you get a feel for it, I have reworked your about.html also. ;)
Check out the attachment, as before, because of size restrictions the images folder has been omitted.

coothead

jickpictures
Dec 27th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Wow, you really are great! Thanks haha I'm going to try to learn everything that's going on here but you've been a great help. Thanks again!

coothead
Dec 27th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Hi there jickpictures,

I will have all the pages done within the hour - I was bored. ;)

coothead

coothead
Dec 27th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Hi there jickpictures,

here you go. ;)

coothead

jickpictures
Dec 27th, 2008, 10:28 PM
HAHA! Wow, you are amazing coothead, haha why are you so helpful? It was confusing still though so I'm glad you did that, it was taking me like an hour and a half to get one page figured out.

I'm still lost on how to make the flicks pages, tour pages, and crew pages work as well. The actual movies pages in the site/html/flicks/ folder, the tour pages at site/html/tour/ folder, and crew pages at site/html/crew/ folder. I really hate for you to do this for me though, it feels weird cause your helping me a lot and I'm not doing anything...so if you need help with it or if you can just give me a quick tutorial on how to do it, you would still be a big help!