PDA

View Full Version : Can't view source?

dean80
Feb 28th, 2003, 05:02 AM
Hi guys, have a stupid problem that's hampering my development and frustrating me at the same time.

I've noticed that I cannot right-click and select "view source" on a webpage via HTTP. However I CAN view the source of local wepages on my hard drive. Why is this? Is there some setting that can fix this?

Thanks in advance for a hint!

chrismiceli
Feb 28th, 2003, 05:14 AM
you can click on view--> view source when you have the page opened in your browser.

dean80
Feb 28th, 2003, 05:31 AM
Yeah, one would think so. Whether I use the "view" menu our the "view source" on the page itself, nothing happens. I am able to select that option, but once I click it, nothing happens, no window with HTML pops up, nothing.

Yet on a local page it works just fine.

meow
Feb 28th, 2003, 06:32 AM
Does this happen at all sites or at one specific site? If the latter. which?

dean80
Feb 28th, 2003, 06:48 AM
All sites on the Internet that are delivered via HTTP.

meow
Feb 28th, 2003, 06:57 AM
This is IE? Try to delete your cache and restart the browser. It's *said* to help.

mouse
Feb 28th, 2003, 07:01 AM
Um, odd problem. Internet Explorer has a self repair tool which you might try. This is accessed by selecting Internet Explorer in "add/remove programs".

MrDoubtFire
Feb 28th, 2003, 04:06 PM
Meow's right, delete the cache, and restart IE. It'll then allow you to view the source.

MrDF

Saj
Feb 28th, 2003, 08:14 PM
Are you sure its ALL via http sites? On IE?

But if it is, try deleting cache, or temp internet files, if that still doesn't work, try reinstalling IE, but try sticking with 5.5. 6 has some bugs in it.

ionsurge
Mar 1st, 2003, 04:31 PM
Maybe it is not finding notepad for some reason...

MrDoubtFire
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:27 PM
If it couldn't find "notepad" then it would bring up the window with a selection of programs to use, wouldn't it?

MRDF

dean80
Mar 2nd, 2003, 04:14 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry for the late reply. I did in fact clear my cache and lowered the amount of disk space alotted for the cache and that seemed to do the trick. Now I can view the source for pages via HTTP along with local ones.

That was a trick I didn't know until now. Thanks!!