PDA

View Full Version : Background images.

rajasekharba123
Dec 18th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Hi,

Please help me.

I have issue with the background images, when the width of the page/table increases background images are not expending /auto resizing dependent on the column/td width.

Please let me know how to solve this issue.
Please find code below.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE> New Document </TITLE>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="EditPlus">
<META NAME="Author" CONTENT="">
<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="">
<META NAME="Description" CONTENT="">
</HEAD>

<BODY>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0>
<tr>
<td width="1%" height=60px; background="/images/tabs.1.1.gif" style="background-repeat:no-repeat;" > test1 </td>
<td width="25%" height=60px; background="/images/tabs.2.gif" style="background-repeat:no-repeat;"> test2 </td>
<td width="25%" height=60px; background="/images/tabs.3.gif" style="background-repeat:no-repeat;"> test3 </td>
<td width="25%" height=60px; background="/images/tabs.4.gif" style="background-repeat:no-repeat;"> test4 </td>
<td width="23%" height=60px; background="/images/tabs.5.gif" style="background-repeat:no-repeat;"> test5 </td>
<td width="1%" height=60px; background="/images/tabs.6.gif" style="background-repeat:no-repeat;"> test6 </td>
</tr>
</TABLE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Thanks,
Raj

Excavator
Dec 18th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Hello rajasekharba123,
It looks like your doing a menu?
Without even mentioning the use of tables (http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/)here, it's pretty much impossible to see what's going on without seeing your images.
Linking us to a test site would be easiest.

By setting the background as no-repeat the image will only show once. Depending on what your image is, you could repeat-x or -y...

rajasekharba123
Dec 18th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Hi ,

Thx for reply.
U r right. I am using above code for displaying the menu items. When the body increases header table is expending but not the background image because of that small gap between 2 columns.
I am unable to repeat the image and repeat-x axis too.

Thanks,
Raj

rajasekharba123
Dec 18th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Hi ,

Thx for reply.
U r right. I am using above code for displaying the menu items. When the body increases header table is expending but not the background image because of that small gap between 2 columns.
I am unable to repeat the image and repeat-x axis too.

Thanks,
Raj