PDA

View Full Version : How to use Flash Player.

effpeetee
Dec 12th, 2008, 08:48 PM
If I want to use Flash Player on my site; do I have to upload Flash to my Host? Or what.:D

Frank

BoldUlysses
Dec 12th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Playing Flash files is the responsibility of the browser--meaning, clients download and install Flash Player as a plugin for their browser of choice: IE, FF, Safari, etc, so their browser can interpret *.swf (Flash format) files.

If you would like to display a Flash file in your webpage, you use the <object> HTML tag (http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_object.asp) to link to a *.swf (Flash) file much in the same way you would an image.

Creating Flash files is a skillset unto itself, and requires Adobe's proprietary Flash software.

effpeetee
Dec 12th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Playing Flash files is the responsibility of the browser--meaning, clients download and install Flash Player as a plugin for their browser of choice: IE, FF, Safari, etc, so their browser can interpret *.swf (Flash format) files.

If you would like to display a Flash file in your webpage, you use the <object> HTML tag (http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_object.asp) to display a *.swf (Flash) file much in the same way you would an image.

Creating Flash files is a skillset unto itself, and requires Adobe's proprietary Flash software.
Thanks.

This query was raised because I have a program that works fine on my PC but doesn't when sent to my site and called from there. Strange, isn't it?

Frank

_Aerospace_Eng_
Dec 12th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Give us a link to the page with the flash on it. Its possible the flash player in your browser is outdated or the path to the flash file is wrong or you've put it on your site incorrectly.

effpeetee
Dec 12th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Give us a link to the page with the flash on it. Its possible the flash player in your browser is outdated or the path to the flash file is wrong or you've put it on your site incorrectly.
I have it here (http://exitfegs.co.uk/PaxsonPics.html)Aero.

Frank

_Aerospace_Eng_
Dec 12th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Did you upload your swf files to the flash directory on the site? Your flash button should be called button.swf.

effpeetee
Dec 12th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Did you upload your swf files to the flash directory on the site? Your flash button should be called button.swf.
No Aero. I didn't know that I needed to. Where would I find them? I am feeling my way with this problem. In my folder on the PC, I do not have such files. How does it work without them here but not on my site.

You can tell my ignorance from this question I expect. Perhaps you have some reference that I can look up. Thanks for your help.

Frank

_Aerospace_Eng_
Dec 12th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Zip up your files and upload them here.

effpeetee
Dec 14th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Zip up your files and upload them here.
Aero,

All I have is the program. The rest is from the <base> address.

Frank

_Aerospace_Eng_
Dec 14th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I don't see how its working on your computer but not on your site unless as stated you haven't uploaded all of your files. Do you see ANY swf files?

What I meant by zipping up your files (likely didn't know what I meant) was to put all the files you are working with in an archive (.zip) and upload it here. Do you even have a folder called flash on your computer?

effpeetee
Dec 14th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I don't see how its working on your computer but not on your site unless as stated you haven't uploaded all of your files. Do you see ANY swf files?

What I meant by zipping up your files (likely didn't know what I meant) was to put all the files you are working with in an archive (.zip) and upload it here. Do you even have a folder called flash on your computer?
Aero,

Thanks for continuing with me. I think that I have found the answer. When viewing on the computer, the program used appears to be the 32 bit IE7. When using the website, I believe the PC is using the 64bit version of IE7 which has not yet a 64 bit version of Flash to work with. Apparently it is still coming. I'll see if I can configure the PC to adapt.

I have a Flash folder but it is the 32 bit version. I can find no swf files. The main page is in a folder on my PC which I have uploaded to my site complete. It only contains the main program and three of the jpegs.

Frank

_Aerospace_Eng_
Dec 14th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Aero,

Thanks for continuing with me. I think that I have found the answer. When viewing on the computer, the program used appears to be the 32 bit IE7. When using the website, I believe the PC is using the 64bit version of IE7 which has not yet a 64 bit version of Flash to work with. Apparently it is still coming. I'll see if I can configure the PC to adapt.

I have a Flash folder but it is the 32 bit version. I can find no swf files. The main page is in a folder on my PC which I have uploaded to my site complete. It only contains the main program and three of the jpegs.

Frank

I doubt the 64bit thing is your problem because there are no flash files in firefox either. If you have no swf files then it shouldn't be working on your computer.

effpeetee
Dec 14th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Aero,

I have found some files on my desktop in a folder 'Free Flash template' it includes some swf files.
I'll do some more investigating and post some results later.

Thanks again.

Frank