PDA

View Full Version : Serious Rendering Problem. Please Help

winnard2008
Dec 9th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Hi Guys,

I am re-designing our company website. Have been creating it solely on the PC, everything looks great and works fine in all browser checks on the PC that I have done so far.

So I thought I would check it out whilst working on my MAC. OH KNOW!!!!!

Serious rendering problem, whereby all the content has been pushed down, passed the footer and over other elements.

Yet the web developer tool I have on Firefox on the MAC says it is all valid and correct, yet I do not know what could be causing this issue to happen.

For now I have included a link to a screenshot taken from my PC and then what is going wrong on the MAC, if somebody could help me rectify this problem then that would be great. I am hoping there is just a hack to solve this, as I am on a tight deadline and do not really want to be going through the horrible mess which is my css file to sort it out.

Any help would be great.

Here is the link to the screen shot.

http://www.all4bikers.com/screenshot/mac1.gif

Danny

abduraooft
Dec 9th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Can we have a link to that particular page, rather than link to screen shot?

winnard2008
Dec 9th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Hi Guys

I have managed to sort it, there were a lot of conflicting heights and spaces in the code which i have been through and everything works fine

winnard2008
Dec 9th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Hi

I have managed to move the text up slightly to the top of the page, but not all the way. I did not give the line-height property a actual size, just a scaled proprtion to work out from the font-size. EG line-height:1; rather than 1em.

It hasn't completely sorted the problem so somebody else might be able to help me with this.

I think it has something to do with the fact that I am using tables inside my content in order to position everything.

BoldUlysses
Dec 9th, 2008, 02:26 PM
As abduraooft mentioned above, we'll need a link to your page and/or your complete code in order to be of additional assistance.

abduraooft
Dec 9th, 2008, 02:54 PM
As abduraooft mentioned above, we'll need a link to your page and/or your complete code in order to be of additional assistance. OP has edited a post above, and said he's solved it.