Hi everyone

<applet code="fphover.class" codebase="./" width="120" height="24">
<param name="color" value="#000080">
<param name="hovercolor" value="#0000FF">
<param name="textcolor" value="#FFFFFF">
<param name="effect" value="glow">
<param name="text" value="Computers">

</applet>

the above code is for a standard hover button created in frontpage. I want when the user clicks on a button to goto an iframe target. I tried a target="iframe2" but that dosnt work. Is there a special case for hover buttons?

thanks you for your time

meow
Feb 21st, 2003, 08:08 AM
I don't know Java but I see no place for a URL at all in that code. So it must be elsewhere.

May I also add that there is nothing standard about F*ckPage. :D

ronaldb66
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:29 AM
May I add that a Java applet is about the worst possible way to implement a button? Typical Frontpage approach, though. It may take some more work, but a simple rollover is much more suited for such a button, and most likely gives you more command over the end result.
Try Javascript Kit scripts (http://www.javascriptkit.com/cutpastejava.shtml) for more on rollovers.

ahosang
Feb 21st, 2003, 01:37 PM
Just to say that hover buttons are total overkill. To have several java applets on a page where simple javascript rollover technique would sufffice is crazy.
Don't know for sure because I never used Frontpage and 'Hover' buttons, but isn't there a <param> tag you can add like:
<param name="target" value="iframe2">

Try that . I recall someone mentioning something like that once

cg9com
Feb 21st, 2003, 04:18 PM
you would have to read some documentation on the .class file.
i dont think theres any way we could know.

asian42die4
Mar 11th, 2003, 08:20 AM
<param name="target" value="iframename">
ok guys thats how you do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
add that to the code...took me years to figure out

meow
Mar 11th, 2003, 08:26 AM
Could have saved some time if you had read ahosang's post above. :D

Roy Sinclair
Mar 11th, 2003, 04:25 PM
I would like to point out that what Front Page hover buttons do can easily be imitated with two images and standard rollover code. I also recommend that you use that approach in favor of the Front Page rollovers because that rollover code is some of the poorest java code in existance. It's big, it's slow to load, slow to execute, does something that's really trivial and makes extra requests to the server for files it never makes available (ie. it's a continual source of 404 errors).