PDA

View Full Version : bottom margin?

BloodXero
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:54 PM
im creating an intro page for my school website and i want it to be a stationary page. its just gonna be an unscrollabe page with a single image using an image that has different rollovers and links to other pages. ive got the right size image to fit the exact page but it keeps making it scrollable. i put in the image and it keeps creating a small white section right below the iamge. i wanna know how to make it unscrollable and to delete the bottom margin.

unpunk
Feb 20th, 2003, 12:33 AM
in your page you have the body tag, like this.

<body>

just insert this tag

scroll="no"

so it looks like this

<body scroll="no">

BloodXero
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:56 AM
ok thx.

ronaldb66
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:30 PM
There's no such attribute for the body element, in fact there's no such attribute at all. At least, not in the standards.
CSS might do the trick, but trying to suppress scroll bars is not addressing the real problem, which is that the content doesn't fit the available browser window.

I'm asking this for the third time in about an hour on three different threads: if you could supply the code, prefferably online, someone could take a look at why your content doesn't fit a certain window.

redhead
Feb 20th, 2003, 05:11 PM
scroll only works in IE...

ronaldb66
Feb 21st, 2003, 08:30 AM
Redhead,

I suspected as much, but I don't feel like hunting down proprietary attribs anymore; I only check W3C nowadays... :D

meow
Feb 21st, 2003, 08:53 AM
CSS
----
body { overflow: hidden }
----

Not that I see why you would want to do that. :confused: