PDA

View Full Version : window.opener

vkidv
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:25 PM
uhh ive made a huge mistake.
on my school computers, ive closed the 'RM' secruity thing (which stops properties ect) and i have got into 'Customise this Folder' i have chosen to customise the HTML file of the folder. And i have accidently put this in:
My Work
>Folder.htt
if (window.opener) {
window.open(" N:\My Work")
/more script
/more script
}
This is really bad, As it KEEPs opening windows. As you can see and guess this script! But i dont know how i can get rid of this. I WAS trying to Add an extra secruity to my school computer, As everybody is a bit thick and sad in our school and tried to get the PWS..
So i added a pw script, but which i wanted to close the window. when typed in an incorrect password.. but this window comes up:
The javascript is trying to close this window.
would you like to close this window.
yes . or no.
I wanted to make a script in My work, which will open My work again and if pw wrong the first My work would close it..
Ive tried many things, But these computers are VERY limited. As they are school ones and heck im 12.

every time i log in i like to close a secruity thing which stops me getting into anything window title as 'properties' it it.

Sombody please tell me how to get rid of the 'window.open("..")
in the if window.opener statement..
Without opening the folder my work.

joh6nn
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:48 AM
open notepad, and then type in the path of the file you want to open. don't browse to it; i'm pretty sure you can't see .htt files in the "file open" dialog boxes; you have to type it in. also, check out virtualplastic.net. they have tutorials on how to add password protection in the .htt files.

vkidv
Feb 13th, 2003, 06:59 PM
the only prob, is which when you turn on the school computer, it will always open the folder my work, with the dogy piece of code..
i should try ctrl alt delete one of the programs which opens my work.
:P

Roy Sinclair
Feb 13th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Hold down the SHIFT key as you log in and keep holding it down until the desktop has finished loading. That should stop the folder from loading.

vkidv
Feb 14th, 2003, 08:30 PM
thanx roy, i'll try that
only problem that my next ICT lesson is next tuesday 1st period (lesson 1-6)