PDA

View Full Version : Frames

MattG1225
Jan 30th, 2003, 06:47 PM
I've built a site using frames with 1 frame to the left which is the length of the page vertically, 1 frame on the top which is the length horizontally, 1 frame on the bottom horizontally and 1 frame in the middle for the content. I'm using IE 6, display 1024x768 and it looks fine, until I change my display size or use "full screen", then it distorts the page, cutting off portions of the frames or adding white space. Knowing that users have different screen sizes and toolbars on their browser, how can I get the page to stay the way it is without having scrollbars on each frame. One horizontal and vertical scrollbar for the entire page would be fine. Could I put the frameset into a table? Help.

Matt Gooding
[email protected]

Borgtex
Jan 30th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Seems that you need <iframe>: You can't put frames inside a cell.

MattG1225
Jan 30th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Here's my frameset; how do I get this into an iframe??

<!-- frame_left -->
<frameset cols="28%,98%,*" frameborder="0" framespacing="0">
<frame src="../Left/About/about_menubar.html" name="frame_left" id="frame_left" scrolling="No" noresize marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

<!-- frame_top -->
<frameset rows="19%,*,13.5%" frameborder="0" framespacing="0">
<frame name="frame_top" src="../Top/About/about_challenge.html" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" noresize>

<!-- frame_conetnt -->
<frame name="frame_content" src="../Content/challenges.html" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="auto" frameborder="0" framespacing="0" noresize>

<!-- frame_bottom -->
<frame name="frame_bottom" src="../Bottom/bottom.gif" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" framespacing="0" noresize>
</frameset>

justame
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:49 PM
mat...
sorrryyy.../me doesnt just a doŽ iframes...'cept /me did just a noticeŽ youve got this...
<frameset cols="28%,98%,*" frameborder="0" framespacing="0">

ummm...28+98??? youre ovvver the 100%...:O(((
n' tooo??? youve just a openedŽ two framesets n' only just a closedŽ one...:O(((