PDA

View Full Version : Frame links

Charl
Jan 29th, 2003, 04:22 PM
Hello hello

Can someone tell me the code to open a link inside the full window, replacing all the frames its currently in?

I’ve got a page here http://www.getting-involved.com/GetInvolved.html where I want the bulletin board link to open up over the whole page. Not in a new window mind.

The problem is because it’s a flash menu it takes forever to update itself on the server, so I update the menu then upload via ftp, wait all day (seriously) then see if it’s correct.

Was going to just put in some java script in the link its opening.
like.
<SCRIPT>
if (parent.frames.length > 0) {
parent.location.href = self.document.location
}
</SCRIPT>

But the php it’s going to doesn’t want to play.

Am I close with _parent, _top, _self any of those?

Thanks

justame
Jan 29th, 2003, 05:07 PM
cha...
did ya just a try® going...
<a href="http://www.getting-involved.com/forum/index.php" target="_top">forum...</a>

'cept /me is just a bit® confused...when /me went to your 'link' n' just a clicked® on the forum on the left??? it diddd just a replace® your frame set up in netscrap4.7...

just a ps®...
ya might want to just a remove® the , at the end of your link up there...gives just a pagenotfound® error...hehehe...

Charl
Jan 29th, 2003, 05:25 PM
I've just tried target=_top with the flash and uploaded it. Let’s wait a good few hours and see if it works.
(Why does it take ages sometimes for the server that’s hosting the files to replace flash uploaded to it?)

That is the code to open it over all the frames justame ? If so then thanks in advance, it’s been driving me KKkkKrazy for the last hour.:D

Also edited the link above so it works

Cheers

justame
Jan 29th, 2003, 05:50 PM
"quote...I've just tried target=_top with the flash and uploaded it. Let’s wait a good few hours and see if it works...endquote"
welll /me just a went® there like /me said n' it does work...lol...

"quote...(Why does it take ages sometimes for the server that’s hosting the files to replace flash uploaded to it?)...endquote"
sommmething tellls me its not the 'hosting' service thattts taking their time...tis more than just a likely® thattt yourrr pulling the page from your servers 'cache'??? n' since /me wasnt/hasnt been there before??? /me got to view the just a latest® copy ya ftp'd.../me does just a remember® geocities being like that before...n' would have to just a reboot/clearthecacheonthecomp® before /me would see her changes...lol...

"quote...That is the code to open it over all the frames justame ? If so then thanks in advance...endquote"
welll...it just a works® for /me...lol...n' youre more than just a welcome®...:O)))

"quote...Cheers...endquote"
just a hugs® back atcha...lol...

Charl
Jan 29th, 2003, 08:37 PM
(welll /me just a went® there like /me said n' it does work...lol... )

It does? Thank fooksi for that :thumbsup:

(sommmething tellls me its not the 'hosting' service thattts taking their time...tis more than just a likely® thattt yourrr pulling the page from your servers 'cache'??? n' since /me wasnt/hasnt been there before??? /me got to view the just a latest® copy ya ftp'd.../me does just a remember® geocities being like that before...n' would have to just a reboot/clearthecacheonthecomp® before /me would see her changes...lol...)

Nah nay no, ive tired every trick in the book with the ol servers cache dilema. Delete'd temp int files, cookies, run about 4 different system tools to make sure there gone and bam. Still bloody there. -L-(maybe its that little tiny guy that lives inside my pc with a hammer) he's runs a mock that lil bugger.

Any ideas/suggestions would be great.

(welll...it just a works® for /me...lol...n' youre more than just a welcome®...:O)))

We'll see, if it doesnt work then i'l be here nagging people again.
:D