PDA

View Full Version : Button Value Text Align

christrinder
Jan 27th, 2003, 02:58 PM
Hello,

I have tried every combination of syntax that I can think of, but nothing seems to align the text value of a button at the top or bottom of the buttom. Does anybody know the secret command to do so, or is it just not possible?

Thanks,

Chris

Catman
Jan 27th, 2003, 04:37 PM
If I'm understanding your question, this should do it:

<button>This is Some Text at the Top<br /><br /></button>
<button><br />This is Some Text at the Bottom</button>

cg9com
Jan 28th, 2003, 03:35 PM
<input type="button" /> is more widely supported
you could try \n for formatting, but i doubt its the right way.

bk1
Jan 28th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Not exactly sure what you're trying for here... Do you still want the text to appear inside the button or above/below it?

If you want it inside, you could adjust the padding of the button to achieve this type of appearance...

<input type="button" value="align top" style="padding: 0 0 5px;" />

<input type="button" value="align bottom" style="padding: 5px 0 0;" />

MrDoubtFire
Jan 28th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Could you use margin's for auto-alignment, like so:

<input type="button" value="button value" style="margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto;" />

MrDF

bk1
Jan 28th, 2003, 07:18 PM
margins will adjust the postion of the button itself, not the text value inside it.

MrDoubtFire
Jan 28th, 2003, 07:22 PM
Then, maybe:

<input type="button" value="button value" style="padding-left:auto; padding-right:auto;" />

? just a thought!

bk1
Jan 28th, 2003, 07:30 PM
I think the original poster is looking for vertical alignment of the text value - not horizontal.

To control the horizontal alignment of the text,
text-align: left | center | right
would be the way to do it.

MrDoubtFire
Jan 28th, 2003, 07:37 PM
I think the original poster is looking for vertical alignment of the text value - not horizontal.

Then try variations on the padding-[top/bottom]. You could set one or the other to force the text to the opposite side (e.g., setting padding-top to 10px would force the text towards the bottom of the button).

MrDF

bk1
Jan 28th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by MrDoubtFire
Then try variations on the padding-[top/bottom]. You could set one or the other to force the text to the opposite side (e.g., setting padding-top to 10px would force the text towards the bottom of the button).

try reading through the thread again.