PDA

View Full Version : Css, order, & Netscape?!

MrDoubtFire
Jan 26th, 2003, 12:34 AM
Hi,

I have tried to read up on this but it gets frustrating because nothing I have found so far seems to address it. Part of this post is about something related too.

I have a page, in which <div>'s take their styling from an external stylesheet. But, the same page in N7 didn't work, the css wasn't properly being parsed even though I had the @import statement up there as advised.

So, I style them all inline, since that's ok with IE anyway, and N7 suddenly seems to work! Well it got me thinking, and I started to read and I have read where <style> statements are immediately after the <head> statement. So, is there a specific order I should have <style> (using href="", or writing directly instead of taking from an external stylesheet)? Does it matter as long as any styles are included or written in the <head>? Why isn't N6 taking it's styling from the stylesheet, or why is it ignoring it but understanding the inline styleing?

My other question was N7 related too: I have the following in my stylesheet:

html, body {
width:100%;
height:100%;
border:1px solid #555555;
margin:10px 10px 20px 10px;
}

This puts a nice border in IE but in N7 only puts a long bar at the top of the page, even though there is other code on the page which displays properly. N7 doesn't seem to display the entire border. What am I doing wrong with the css?

Thanks all,

MrDoubtFire

meow
Jan 26th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Have a URL?

My guess is that your server is configured to serve css with the wrong content type. It should be "text/css", not "text/plain" or "x-application/css" or anything else.

Moz doesn't chew just anything. :D

Or is this happeneing locally too?