PDA

View Full Version : IE7 height problem CSS - using percentages %

maxvee8
Mar 1st, 2008, 01:27 AM
hi im just making my mapping system when testing it in IE7 the height of the map gets reduced to about 100px im wanting it to be 100% width which it does
and 89% high,

go to the page and click one of the markers on the google map it makes the map really small,

for some reason its fine on load and then when a marker is pressed it changes the height, im convinced this is a CSS problem now cause i changed the width and height of the map to 500px x 500px and it was fine in IE

but i need it 100% w x 89% h (or there abouts ) it just needs to resize with the window

EDIT: its really biazare you click a marker it goes weird then double click the top of your screen (title bar) which mkaes the page movable it all comes back a works properly in IE but it is not fixed obviously its just sum thing weird it does.

definatly need help on this!

works fine in FF as well... HELP!

Apostropartheid
Mar 1st, 2008, 01:45 AM
Works fine for me (IE7 Vista)

jlhaslip
Mar 1st, 2008, 01:56 AM
ditto

maxvee8
Mar 1st, 2008, 03:18 AM
MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ONE OF THE MARKERS ON THE MAP , its does it in IE7 Vista And IE7 Xp, your not clicking the markers on the map are you your just loading the page?!

i have set the height of the map in pixels this is not ideal as i want it to resize to fit the resoloution of the user, it fixes the problem unless ome one knows some bug in IE7 to do with height % , tell me plz.

CitrusC
Mar 1st, 2008, 10:37 AM
No problems whatsoever!

http://filesap.com/c/playpen/crimemapper.jpg

No need for the capital letters, though... I'm pretty sure that's considered shouting. Shouting at folk for helping you out doesn't seem too nice!

effpeetee
Mar 1st, 2008, 01:16 PM
I don't get a problem either. Clicking anywhere (including the markers) just moves the map a fraction, but does not alter the size. Vista Home Premium, IE7.0 6000.16609

Frank

maxvee8
Mar 1st, 2008, 03:50 PM
Ok thanks for the replys , im just going to set the height using pixels :( , batheled

is there any height bugs in IE7 that any one knows of using percentages like height:80%

effpeetee
Mar 1st, 2008, 05:29 PM
Nos 58 to 66 in my Sources program.

http://exitfegs.co.uk/Sources.html

Frank

maxvee8
Mar 2nd, 2008, 01:42 AM
i have commited the ultimate sin .. i have used a table to fix the problem .. forgive me lol... i have set the hight and width of the table to 100% and it seems to work in IE and FF so hopefully tno problems.

btw good catalogue effpeetee, i cansider my self advanced at css always more stuff to learn.

effpeetee
Mar 2nd, 2008, 03:17 PM
i have commited the ultimate sin .. i have used a table to fix the problem .. forgive me lol... i have set the hight and width of the table to 100% and it seems to work in IE and FF so hopefully tno problems.

btw good catalogue effpeetee, i cansider my self advanced at css always more stuff to learn.
A successful outcome is its own justification.

Frank