PDA

View Full Version : Question..

nubzie84
Sep 16th, 2007, 03:39 AM
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if it was possible to send a group of form variables from one web page to another html page and then display them? I'm new to the whole javascript thing and am experimenting with this. Any help or tips/advice would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

Kor
Sep 16th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Usually this kind of job is done by submitting the values to a server-side application (php,asp...) which will process data and build the new page according to your will. It is to be done with javascript as well (javascript is a client-side language), but not in a convenient way, as javascript was not really designed for this kind of job.

Anyway, can you detail your aim?

nubzie84
Sep 16th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Hmm I'm now trying to do something slightly different. What I'm after now is a method to store the values of a forms variables into a basic text document, say a notepad txt file. Its a windows server that im experimenting with and I'm not experienced with PHP, so im trying to find a easy way via either javascript or asp. Seem to be running out of luck.

If you have any ideas or any other sources maybe i could bounce off I would really appreciate it. Regardless, thanks for the response. :)