PDA

View Full Version : Forum on site.

afesoccer
Sep 1st, 2007, 02:18 AM
How do you put your forum on your site?

kosstr12
Sep 1st, 2007, 02:29 AM
This is not a HTML/CSS Question but I'll help a little anyway. Forums are made in PHP. You can find ready made forums on the internet in packages, most of the costing money. You might be able to get one for free, but I doubt it.
=]

_Aerospace_Eng_
Sep 1st, 2007, 02:31 AM
You can actually get quite a few forum packages for free. vBulletin is one of the few that I know you have to pay for. phpbb is decent, just be sure to keep it updated with patches and fixes or it might get hacked. Do a search for free forums.

afesoccer
Sep 1st, 2007, 02:32 AM
I have a forum.

afesoccer
Sep 1st, 2007, 05:28 AM
Please and thank you.

_Aerospace_Eng_
Sep 1st, 2007, 06:07 AM
Guess I'm not sure what you are asking since your question was really vague.

Jutlander
Sep 1st, 2007, 10:45 AM
Forums are made in PHP.

Ever heard of ASP or ASP.NET for instance? ;) But yes, I prefer PHP too.

afesoccer
Sep 1st, 2007, 04:15 PM
Mine is on www.afesoccer.com/forum, I want to put it on my site.

_Aerospace_Eng_
Sep 1st, 2007, 04:54 PM
I'm still not sure what you are asking. What EXACTLY are you trying to do. Quit being vague with your questions. Explain your self better.

afesoccer
Sep 1st, 2007, 05:01 PM
Like putting the whole forum on my site. Like www.afesoccer.com, putting the forum where the menu, center, and the right side is.

_Aerospace_Eng_
Sep 1st, 2007, 05:03 PM
Okay now I think I know what you want. You want to customize the forum to look like your site. Thats not going to be easy. You are going to have to customize the template files and the stylesheet extensively. Judging from your past questions you may want to pay someone to do it for you or you will end up messing up your forums. And no 5 dollars isn't going to cut it. Something more like 100+ might. For the average coder thats only about 2 1/2 hours of work.