PDA

View Full Version : View difference between Firefox and Internet Explorer

BarrMan
Aug 31st, 2007, 08:13 AM
Hey, I've made this gallery script and I've added a div window that shows the information of the jeweleries. The border of it is in the style of dashed but it seems to have different views on Firefox than in IE.
I've taken a screen shot to help understanding this issue much clearer:
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/2681/sibz1.jpg

My question is: How do I make my Firefox style look more like my IE style? Since I like the IE style better.

Thanks!

dancrew32
Aug 31st, 2007, 08:41 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't code the dashes to be identical... However, you can make images with the dashed border and make them background-images for each list item or something like that. But, you should really just stick with solid lines.

felgall
Aug 31st, 2007, 08:55 AM
There are probably at least a hundred other variations on what the dashes look like since each browser can define them the way they want. Those using a particular browser will expect dashes to look the way that their particular browser does them so it is not worth the effort of trying to force all of them to look exactly the same.

With your screenshots I like the Firefox version better and so since I mainly use Firefox I would consider your page to look better with the default dashes than it would look with all the extra messing about with images (which would slow your page down).

BarrMan
Aug 31st, 2007, 09:23 AM
I think I might use it as a background. this kind of image doesn't slow the page down (It does but you can't notice it).
The Firefox view looks pretty good too but the way it is combined with the whole site, I rather have the IE view because it looks more proffessional to me.

Thanks for the help :thumbsup: