PDA

View Full Version : is there a workaround / hack for IE to allow background images across <TR>'s?

canadianjameson
Aug 30th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Hey,

I have a script that dynamically applies a class to each <tr> onmouseover that sets an image as the background of the full row. Now this works in FF but not in IE... in IE you have the background repeating every cell.

I've looked about on google and found many complaints but few viable solutions. Does anybody know how to get around this in IE?

you can see it here: www.enviromark.ca/head/aboutInclude.php --> click 'Staff'

bazz
Aug 30th, 2007, 11:00 PM
works gfor me in ie7. Haven't checked upstairs on IE6 but, I'll hazard a guess that its the hover element issue that in ie6 requires a small snippet of javascript. Look into AlistApart or suckerfish drop down menu for the JS code and adjust to your requirements.

bazz

canadianjameson
Aug 30th, 2007, 11:20 PM
it worked for you in IE 7?

sweet, i guess

I shall have myself a looksee and post back, thanks :D

Bazz, could you do me a quick favor: I'm trying to compile a list of cross-browser display mishaps that I will need to fix before the launch and I could use a fresh pair of eyes. Could you run through th page quickly in whatever browsers you have and tell me what you see different

bazz
Aug 31st, 2007, 12:29 AM
works for me in IE6 ff2 and IE7. on the staff page (the one I checked), the text is smaller in ff than in the IE's. the r/h column is (I think) too small in FF as it is quite difficult to read the links.

bazz

canadianjameson
Aug 31st, 2007, 11:03 PM
Sweet, Thanks bazz :D