View Full Version : Help Me Determine a Bug in IE (getURL and Download.php)

08-08-2007, 07:19 AM
A lot of people are simply viewing this thread. If you can, please help me out by testing.
I'm trying to get some people to test this code for me. Its actually in the Actionscript section b/c I'm combining PHP and actionscript but actionscript knowledge is not really required to understand my problem. I need some people to attempt to (legally) download music from my site. It works in IE but rather peculiarly. Please visit this thread for details. Please provide me your:
Browser | Version | OS | Platform


It'll only take you 2 minutes. Thanks for reading.

08-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Browser: Firefox
Operating System: Windows Vista
Platform: ?? (What is a platform?)
Result: Gave me the option to open the mp3 file or save it to disk.
Browser: IE7
Version: 7.0.6000.16473
Operating System: Windows Vista
Platform: ??
Result: Button did not respond to clicks.

Also something I noticed while I was looking around: If you search for an artist and there are zero results, it says "Now displaying 1-0 of 0 Artists", in case you care


08-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Platform: ?? (What is a platform?)
I was referring to whether or not you're using a PC or Macintosh. Thanks a bunch, hadn't been able to test it no Vista yet. Did none of the buttons respond to clicks? Or just the download button?

As far as the recordset paging and results page, I'm aware of that and will be rectified when I redo the search engine. (coincidentally my next project). That and once again getting the site to validate as XHTML strict. Some pages still validate as Transitional tho :).

08-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

Anyhow, on IE7, I went back to see if all the buttons worked, which they did, and then I clicked on the download button again, and now the download works! I have no idea why it didn't work the first time, I did all the same stuff, but now it seems to work.

Hope I haven't confused you more than helped, lol

08-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Actually, no you haven't. You've just confirmed the exact same thing that is happening to me. It doesn't work the first go around. Then the second go around it begins to work. The funny thing is, this seems as if this would have been discussed heavily as I'm not doing anything special, but I have yet to find any talks on the net about it. :(

But to be clear in IE you did the following:
1. You rated the song.
2. Attempted to download and could not (perhaps even recieved an error)
3. Attempted to download again and recieved the save dialog box

08-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Correct, that's what I did and thats what happened