View Full Version : Please help me with code to do the following:

07-21-2007, 03:52 AM
I have seen a few times now on websites where a person has something that looks like this

---Some text here-----------------------------

I love how that looks, but have been unable to create one using css. Could someone give me some help?

07-21-2007, 03:55 AM
Are you talking about the <fieldset> and <legend> tags? I'm not too sure.

Some text here.

Side note: there are some good examples of CSS at http://www.cssplay.co.uk

07-22-2007, 03:53 AM
Thanks, BWiz

I guess that I should not try and describe something I need after fighting with it for 5 hours in the middle of the night :)

This is an example of what I am looking to do. The line runs through the red bordered box, with some text in the middle. (All borders are there for testing purposes only). I thought I had it, but if you resize the window into a very small size you will see that the "Some Text" will move out of the main content box, and I can not figure out how to keep it within it. Any help?

07-22-2007, 05:49 AM
check out "min-width" and apply it to that centre div.

works on most Modern browsers. (I think)

07-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Min-width, max-width, min-height and max-height does not work on IE 6.