PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a javascript

alme
Apr 19th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Hello everyone.I'm new here.Please can you help me with smth?
I need an airplane moving into my site.Is it possible to do this with javascript and if yes do u know how?I want the airplane to appear as soon as the site is loaded and then to move upsite down and to stay to a fixed possition.Thnx a lot.

Philip M
Apr 19th, 2007, 01:26 PM
This ought to give you a start, but naturally you will have to modify the script to suit your particular needs.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/plane.htm

alme
Apr 19th, 2007, 01:45 PM
wow thnx a lot.Can I ask for smth more?
Is it possible to create the airplane with smoke from the back and not going just horizontally but going upside down ,doing spirals so doing aerobatics and stoping somewhere for like 1 min etc...

Philip M
Apr 19th, 2007, 04:04 PM
It may very well be possible, but I have the idea that such a script would be far beyond you to create at your level of expertise. You are really trying to make something like a flash movie.

alme
Apr 19th, 2007, 04:06 PM
thnx for your reply.
I want to use it to my website to thats why I asked for some help.Mabe u can create such a thing for me?I dont want to use flash coz with java I can put the airplane all over my website.Please can u help me?

Thnx a lot

Philip M
Apr 19th, 2007, 04:21 PM
No, sorry. I don't have the time for that. And most programmers expect to be paid. You are really trying to run before you can walk or even crawl.

I think I ought to say that while these .gif animations can be amusing the first time round, they rapidly become boring and tend to put visitors off visiting the site. They are often perceived as amateurish.

And please note that Java is not at all the same language as Javascript, in spite of the confusingly similar names.