PDA

View Full Version : Look right on your browser(s)?

croatiankid
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:40 PM
The page (http://www.croatiankid.com/new/index.html).

What I'm referring to is the diagonal-line backgrounds. They should match at 3 places:
1) between the faux columns (Donec hendrerit text) and the body background;
2) between the header (fish) and the body background;
3) between the extended (the part that's not under the header) red gradient and the body background;

I'm asking because I'm having a hard time getting 1) and 2) to be good in Firefox. Opera, IE6 and IE7 look good on my XP @ 1024x768.

Resolution should have no effect since the backgrounds are positioned to the center (the backgrounds don't move as you resize the window).

Please say yes they all align on all your browsers, and no if it's messed up anywhere, and if you select no, please tell me which browser you're using on which OS.

Thank you all so much!

1 more thing: if it works in firefox, please say so to!

twodayslate
Apr 14th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Background looks fine over here. Using FF.

_Aerospace_Eng_
Apr 14th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Works fine in FF 2.0.0.3 on PC, using 1024x768.
Works fine in IE7 on PC as well.
Also works fine on IE6 for PC except for the transparent png in the header.

rafiki
Apr 14th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3
1024x768 (16bit medium)
is fine

croatiankid
Apr 14th, 2007, 10:23 PM
This is good- it means the prob's with my browser (lol).
Aero is your ie6 from multipleies? AFAIK they don't support ie conditional comments.

_Aerospace_Eng_
Apr 14th, 2007, 11:04 PM
It is and it does support them with a registry hack which I haven't done yet but other than that everything else looks fine.

koyama
Apr 15th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Look: This is why it's not working in IE6:

<!--[if lte IE6]>
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="ie6.css">
<![endif]-->

Arbitrator
Apr 15th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Issues:

On several loads, I saw problems in Internet Explorer and Opera where background images would not load. For example, the image behind the navigation and content areas and the header text would be missing. Pressing Refresh, I would sometimes see this issue and sometimes not.
The text at the top has selection issues because itís partially obscured by the transparent part of the image. This is only in Firefox and Internet Explorer. Opera allows selection through images. Internet Explorer 6 obscures some of the text due to the transparency issue.
The text color is not explicitly specified but, apparently, assumed to be black. User defined defaults for text and backgrounds can easily make this into a readability issue. For example, in Firefox, I have lavender on black as the default; for your page, this results in a difficult‐to‐read light lavender text color on a light yellow background color.
The black text is too dark for the dark red background color/image used when the background image in the foreground fails to display.

I just did that registry hack for my standalone version of IE6, and it seems to only accept the CCs when thereís a space between ďIEĒ and the version number. Your document lacks this space in its CC.

croatiankid
Apr 15th, 2007, 08:24 AM
arbitrator thanks for that input. I'll talk to my webhost about that issue with the images loading, although I've myself never seen it happen, I've heard that issue with others as well.
My main concern with this topic was that the bg images align.

This design isn't finished yet (haven't specified text colors as you've noticed, navigation not finished (that's what will be in the red)...). Also the text at the top will be centered vertically, and they will be block displayed, horizontal links with hover effects.

(off topic)Opera is now at 9.2.

guys i no longer need your help, thanks

Arbitrator
Apr 15th, 2007, 11:10 PM
(off topic)Opera is now at 9.2Yes, Iím aware of this; I downloaded it a day after it was released. I canít update my signature without omitting a bunch of information though since I get a message insisting that it needs to be four lines in length when it IS four lines in length (at resolutions above 800◊600 anyway). A simple replacement of the ď1Ē with a ď2Ē invokes the error message even though the signature hasnít changed in length.