PDA

View Full Version : Pages Loading Slow in IE ?

sdonline
Apr 11th, 2007, 07:59 PM
so i build a website recently [link removed] for some reason it works fine on firefox on mac. however on a PC in Internet Explorer the links are really slow or dont work at all. I thought it was java and i sense i didn't know what i was doing i replaced the navigation with flash. And i thought it was fine but its seems that on some systems in IE it goes slow... it works great in firefox.. i have been working on this for 3 weeks i dont know whats going on please help.
thanks ron

_Aerospace_Eng_
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Well considering that the page uses at least 3 flash files I'm not surprised that its slow. Flash alone takes up quite a bit cpu usage but when you put more than one flash on the page it takes up even more. Its likely that the systems you were using weren't powerful enough to run the flash efficiently. TBH you don't need flash for your left navigation nor do you need it for your top menu either. You can easily use normal images and CSS or images and javascript rollovers.

sdonline
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:25 PM
well i had it as a javascript rollover but the same thing was happing i am working on fast computer really the flash was a lazy attempt at a quick fix... i so i guess ill change back to css or javarollovers but i think the same thing is going to happen... on the same PC if i use firefox its nice and fast.... so i don't know... i just change it and see what happens