PDA

View Full Version : In need of some serious help xD

yodafreak91
Apr 11th, 2007, 02:28 PM
hey everyone , i have been working on my website and its located at www.mmo-society.com/testsite , but i want it to be , so if you type in www.mmo-society.com , it will take you to our "test site" , also i wanted to have this script , so basically if they go to any page on the website it just says "www.mmo-society" an example of this is on www.runescape.com , thanks for all the help in advance =)

YoDa

ahallicks
Apr 11th, 2007, 04:35 PM
You could use a javascript redirect to have the first page go to the test site. Not sure what you mean about the second bit tho?

Put this in your head:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
window.location = "http://www.mmo-society.com/testsite";
//-->
</script>

yodafreak91
Apr 11th, 2007, 04:49 PM
im really new to all this , will this make it obvious its being re-directed? or will it automatically show that page?

also if you check out www.runescape.com and go to any of their pages it will always say www.runescape.com , instead of www.runescape.com/page3.html , etc..

hope you understand now ^^

YoDa

p.s thanks aha, first problem fixed! just the second left to fix =)

ahallicks
Apr 11th, 2007, 05:04 PM
im really new to all this , will this make it obvious its being re-directed? or will it automatically show that page?

It's pretty instant... you'll get a 'click' and a slightly timed delay, but nothing much as it has to read up to the javascript to know that it needs to redirect. But it's not overly obvious that it's redirecting, tho you can give a note to say that it is.

also if you check out www.runescape.com and go to any of their pages it will always say www.runescape.com , instead of www.runescape.com/page3.html , etc..

hope you understand now ^^

YoDa

p.s thanks aha, first problem fixed! just the second left to fix =)

As for that, I don't know that you can because that unique ID is for that one page and you can't name a different page the same thing... and I don't know of anyway that you can 'trick' the browser into displaying a different address?

yodafreak91
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:18 PM
ive seen a few sites including runescape do this , im not sure how still T_T , hope someone can help on this one =)

YoDa

_Aerospace_Eng_
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:21 PM
It just uses a frameset. What you are doing is the noob thing to do. Search engines won't index your site. I recommend NOT doing this.

Also please learn to type (speak) proper English in the forums. It makes it easier for people to understand you.