PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about CSS/HTML

Mianame
Apr 6th, 2007, 04:36 PM
I moved from tables to CSS a few days ago, so please forgive how simple this question is.

I have a floating menu on the left side of my page with a conent box stacked next to it. All I really want is to put a link in the left menu box and, when it's clicked, the content appears in the right. Could I use CSS to do this? If not, when using HTML, how do I tell it to put the content in the other div?

Any help would be much appreciated.

twodayslate
Apr 6th, 2007, 04:41 PM
That would involve javascript.

VIPStephan
Apr 6th, 2007, 05:04 PM
The most simple thing would be that you create a new page with the content on the left side and on the first page (without the content) the link would bring you to the second page.
Other than that CSS canít dynamically insert content on click of a link, that would indeed require JavaScript.

Mianame
Apr 6th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Well shoot. I guess I'll just go ahead and start learning javascript then.

Thank you both for your help.

Excavator
Apr 6th, 2007, 05:51 PM
The most simple thing would be that you create a new page with the content on the left side and on the first page (without the content) the link would bring you to the second page.

I have an example of how fast that can be. Everyone always wants the menu to be already loaded and to stay on the page so a refresh doesn't have to reload the everything all over again.
Watch
http://www.nopeople.com/CSS/fast/index.html and you can see when you click on the links it looks like the text is all that's loaded.