PDA

View Full Version : Inline css converter

rich_1982
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:28 PM
Hi

Does anyone know of a way to automatically convert an external stylesheet into inline style tags to be used for emails?

Sure there must be a function in DW or plugin but cant find any details.

Cheers,
Rich

jlhaslip
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:28 PM
The trend is to go the other way, convert the in-line tags to external files, but I think that Word and OpenOffice.org will both do something like what you want.
Open an html file in OOO, then save it as an html file with a different name. Most of the styling will become inline, however, I have not yet been able to edit those files in my text editor and save the changes to disc, so that might not be effective for you, since you would need to cut and paste a bunch of code.... and another thing, the code base they use is html 4, so lots of <P> and <FONT> tags. Word stuffs in a mess of proprietary code so that Word can read the html file back as a .doc file and is worse than OOO.

Short answer, not that I am aware of.

*edit*

Played with a small xhtml file and it pretty much butchers the page. Everything becomes a paragraph, floats are lost, lists lose their structure. I can't recommend this approach to convert files automatically.

rich_1982
Apr 4th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Well thanks for the help anyway. Bit of a weird way of doing things but it's the only way my company will think of doing things.

Cheers,
Rich

DesignerMan
Nov 13th, 2007, 06:31 PM
If you are trying to find a program to convert CSS to Inline CSS then you may want to take a look at this website.

http://www.nexthelpful.com/software.html

I have used it in the past and It has saved me a great deal of time.