PDA

View Full Version : HTML Coding Window

knightcon
Apr 1st, 2007, 11:58 PM
I am trying to create an online html IDE and I was wanting it to be very much like a client based IDE with code highlighting and the ability to use tab to indent code and the ability to maintain that that indent over several lines of code. I have found an online html IDE but it is based around the a html
<textarea>Some Text</textarea> tag. This means that the highlighting of individual words is impossible, and the tabbing is also impossible. If anyone can tell me somewhere to look that will show me how to do this it would be greatly appreciated.

iLLin
Apr 2nd, 2007, 12:12 AM
Got access to vbulletin? Check out there code.

iLLin
Apr 2nd, 2007, 12:14 AM
Oh wait, you need something like this http://www.htmlarea.com/

It's called a WYSIWYG editor.

knightcon
Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:08 AM
I know about HTML area. What i'm after isn't a WYSIWYG editor but a PHP server-side code editor. I am always on the move and I need to be able to edit server-side PHP code and other such code-only files online at various locations. I know how I can develop my own and I know about PHP.IDE but I am after something a bit more robust and professional, or if there isn't anything like that around then a pointer to where I can pick up information about colouring text on the fly using javascript.

jlhaslip
Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:11 AM
Try this: highlight_file(), a php function specifically for that task.