PDA

View Full Version : Help with div positioning

tripwater
Mar 30th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Please Check out my page here http://www.photogap.net/test.html

You will notice a grey image in a div that is behind the Home -> Animals links. Just below it I want this grey box to contain the items below. I thought I had it laid out correctly but as you can see, it does not. I would like for it to drop down and contain everything below it yet stay inside the white rounded container.

Thank you for any help with this

jlhaslip
Mar 30th, 2007, 05:34 PM
I do not see the "grey image in a div that is behind the Home -> Animals links." that you refer to, but does this link help you at all?

http://jlhaslip.trap17.com/samples/image_display/image_display_2col.html

tripwater
Mar 30th, 2007, 07:25 PM
There should be a grey bg that goes across about 40px high behind the links. THen under that a lighter shade of grey that I want to contain the icons/thumbnails below...

ok, I see that the issue I am having is only in FF. In IE I have a totally different issue :)

tripwater
Mar 30th, 2007, 07:27 PM
It absolutely amazes me how THe white round-edged container I have works perfectly in FF but in IE, is jacked up. And not only that, IE6 different jacked up than IE7. I hate browsers....

btw jlhaslip, thanks for the reply but the link you posted seems dead

riptide
Mar 30th, 2007, 07:36 PM
what kind of positioning are you using. By the way what's with the toolbar and pop...........nevermind.

do you have problems with browser resizing.

Excavator
Mar 30th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Hello tripwater,
In your first problem it looks like you didn't clear the floats. Add the line in red to your CSS:

.container_1 {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
width: 740px;
height:auto;
border: solid 1px #DFDFDF;
background: #FAFAFA;
overflow: hidden;
}

Maybe someone else can help you with how your rounded corners are working. Only thing I can tell you is not to use tables.

jlhaslip
Mar 30th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Server issues? It works now.