Step 1. I added the code to the <head>

Then I downloaded
csshorizontalmenu.css
csshorizontalmenu.js

and the three images

then it says
step 2
"add the below Html to my page"
(I am assuming anywhere in the body is okay?)

There is more here that needs to be done here????
Where do I save the above .js and .css files?
where do I save my above 3 .gifs?

I am using dreamweaver MS2004

I know I use the applet buttton to add the script to the page, then I highlight the javascript icon on my workpage and open 'script' from the HTML toolbar to add the script.

But what script do I add? The script from the .css or the script from the .js

This is VERY fustrationing, I appreicate the Free java scripts but some directions would be nice.

Any help is appreciated.

VIPStephan
Mar 30th, 2007, 07:56 AM
See this code?

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="csshorizontalmenu.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="csshorizontalmenu.js">

These are the references to the files you have to download. The file path is set so you would put those files in the same directory as your HTML documents. The same goes for the images.
If you have/want them in a different folder in your site then you have to change the URLs accordingly, e.g. src="whatever/csshorizontalmenu.js" (if your script is residing in a directory called “whatever”). The image URLs are to be changed in the stylesheet then.

I know I use the applet buttton to add the script to the page, then I highlight the javascript icon on my workpage and open 'script' from the HTML toolbar to add the script.

Don’t do this. Do it by hand. Don’t trust Dreamweaver’s automatic functions too much. Go into code view and add the code by hand. This might also help you to learn what’s going on.

But what script do I add? The script from the .css or the script from the .js

When someone says ‘script’ he is always talking about JavaScript. CSS is a stylesheet, not a script (generally spoken).