PDA

View Full Version : Need some help editing a CSS flyout navigation

jmoyn2339
Mar 24th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if the group would be able to advise me. I am attempting to edit a vertical css based flyout navigation. The site owner would like me to remove the links from some of the top level item in the navigation. The problem I'm encountering is when I remove the link from the navigation items I lose the effets attached to what was a link.

In other words, the navigation is setup so that there is a mouseover and a flyou drop down navigation list. The reason why they want to remove some of the links from the top level is that some of the top level pages have no content and they would like to retain the text(for what was a link) to use as a category title for the flyout droop downs associated with the top level names.

My question is...Is ther a way I can remove the linnk from the top levels of the navigation list and retain the mouseover and the flyout drop down? here is a link, so you can see what I'm referring to... http://confidtech.com/Clients/VISIONS/Template_NEW_3-19-07.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

jlhaslip
Mar 24th, 2007, 10:30 PM
I am a little confused about exactly what you want to do, but here is my take on your question:
You want to remove the top level link, but keep the second level? No, I wouldn't think that is possible since the top level hover is what activates the flyout.
When you remove the top level link, be sure to remove the code for the second level links attached to it. It is in the form of the UL/LI under that top-level LI.