PDA

View Full Version : IE 6 and 7 Margin Issues

Davidn655
Mar 21st, 2007, 02:08 AM
Can anyone provide some insight as to why my layout falls apart in IE 6 and 7? I've been struggling with this off and on for weeks. Seems to be a margin issue. I simply am not enough of a CSS expert to figure this out.

This is the URL to the site:
www.mscreativeservices.com/

To the CSS:
http://www.mscreativeservices.com/stylesheets/default.css

I've attached 3 screengrabs. 1 of how it should and does look in Safari. Another 2 of the IE 6 and IE 7 goofiness.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jlhaslip
Mar 21st, 2007, 04:24 AM
Used FF2, IE6 and IE7. They all look so similar that I can't possibly waste any time on this problem.
Is there a chance that you are using a specific Stylesheet on your machine? I have factory Defaults and the text might be a pixel size different, but there is nothing wrong with the site on my machine.

And the <br /> tags in the right hand sidebar could be removed and replaced with margins. (Just so you know I actually looked at the sheet)

Davidn655
Mar 21st, 2007, 04:33 AM
Thanks so much for checking this out. I've been working on the problem since I posted this thread a few hours ago and have solved most of the problems. I had to compromise the original layout a bit, but at least it's working.

I was trying to do a semi-fluid layout width. Min width of 940px Max width of 1400px

I ended up going with a fixed width layout.

The screengrabs I posted did show how screwed up the layout was in IE.

Thanks again!!