PDA

View Full Version : Table width problem in phpBB template

carlton
Mar 17th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Hey guys.
I've been working on modifying a forum template to fit the site I'm working on and so far it's been going fine. The one problem that I've been pulling my hair out over is this: The forum, when integrated into my CMS (joomla), is overflowing from it's table cell in the main site's layout. I've tried explicitly setting the table's width, but this only works if I make the width bigger, not smaller.

This is hard to explain, so please have a look [URL removed - getting spam] and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The closest thing I've been able to do is set the CSS overflow attribute for the content in that cell to scroll, but this really isn't what I'm wanting.

Is there a way to wrap or "pull" the content back into the table boundaries?

Thanks,
Carlton

twodayslate
Mar 17th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Have you changed the td.body line width?
I just changing the width does not work try min-width. You also might need to change all the embedded table width too.

koyama
Mar 17th, 2007, 06:57 PM
The problem seems to be that you have also specified widths for your table cells <td>. If the widths for the cells add up to more than the width you put in your <table> tag the latter width is overridden. Specifying a width for the <table> is actually like specifying a minimum width. This is unlike ordinary <div>'s for instance.

I would start removing all widths for the <td>'s while keeping the width in your <table>.