PDA

View Full Version : graphic and Title missing in Firefox

mysterybks
Mar 16th, 2007, 02:19 PM
I don't know why, but my Title on my Navigation and a graphic in the body are missing in Firefox. Fine in IE6.

Here's the code for the graphic.

CSS:

.sideimg {
background: url('../sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/books2.jpg') no-repeat top left;
clear: none;
float: left;
}

Since I can't get straight CSS to work, I'm using tables, so here's the code in the body:

<tr>
<td class="sideimg"></td>
</tr>

And for the Title:

CSS:

.h1 {
font-family: "Times New Roman";
font-size: xx-large;
color: #6600CC;
font-weight: bold;
text-align: center;
width: 762px;
float:right;
clear:none;
}

in the body of the Navigation included page:

<tr>
<td class="sideimg2" style="margin-top: 0; float: left; width: 133px; height: 121px">
<h1 class="h1">Mystery Lovers Corner</h1>
</td>
</tr>

Thanks!

ronaldb66
Mar 16th, 2007, 02:44 PM
It would help if you would show the page in its entirety, referably as a link to the page online, but I have some reservations about floating table cells.
Run both the markup and the styles through a validator to see if you left any errors in there which may cause the problems. Also, try to take the url out of those quotes.

mysterybks
Mar 16th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Sorry. I forgot to put the links of my pages.

www.sleuthedit.com/test2.html is how I want it to look. This is using tables and css as I can't get straight css to work

www.sleuthedit.com/test.html is how straight css looks

Thanks.

Dawn

ronaldb66
Mar 16th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Is the entire header gone and has the menu moved up to top?
Than you need to clear the floats in the header: see "How To Clear Floats Without Structural Markup (http://www.positioniseverything.net/easyclearing.html)".

mysterybks
Mar 16th, 2007, 03:17 PM
No. The Navigation (which is an included document) contains the girl reading the words "Mystery Lovers Corner" and then the two line menu below that. If you look at www.sleuthedit.com/test2.html in IE6, it looks right. In Firefox, only the words "Mystery Lovers Corner" are missing.

Dawn

mysterybks
Mar 16th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Anyone have any ideas how to fix?