PDA

View Full Version : TURN ON JavaScript ?!

meni
Mar 15th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Could somebody please explain me if I can turn/enable JavaScript on the webiste. My problem is that I have a webiste with some java for the gallery page and the images are changing only in Interner Explorer; in Mozilla it doesn't work. Is there any code I can insert on my page so any browser would interpretaed the same my gallery. Here is the link if you want to check. Problem is onlyon SERVICES when you click on any thubmnail. http://www.beauteagency.com
Thanks a lot.

[email protected]:cool:

_Aerospace_Eng_
Mar 15th, 2007, 11:01 PM
No you can't really force them to work. This is a setting in your browser. In Firefox 2.0+ this was changed so we need to know what version of Mozilla you have.

meni
Mar 15th, 2007, 11:28 PM
I use Mozilla 7 for the website but is there anything I can insert so the code would be interpred the same by all browsers?

Arty Effem
Mar 16th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Could somebody please explain me if I can turn/enable JavaScript on the webiste. My problem is that I have a webiste with some java for the gallery page and the images are changing only in Interner Explorer; in Mozilla it doesn't work. Is there any code I can insert on my page so any browser would interpretaed the same my gallery. Here is the link if you want to check. Problem is onlyon SERVICES when you click on any thubmnail. http://www.beauteagency.com
Thanks a lot.
The code you have is Javascript not Java. I have found three separate errors that can easily be fixed. The problem you mentioned is caused by a case sensitivity error.

In the services page change

<td id="captionBox" align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff">

to

<td id="CaptionBox" align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff">

There's a problem in the opacity setting script that will cause errors
in Opera and elsewhere:

In events.js, change

if(document.all){ // IE rules

to

if(document.body && document.body.style && typeof document.body.style.filter !='undefined'){

Your attempted right click script has illegal characters:

In home.htm, change

<BODY oncontextmenu=`alert(Beaute Agency); return false` onselectstart="return false">

to

<BODY oncontextmenu="alert('Beaute Agency'); return false" onselectstart="return false">

See what difference those changes make.