PDA

View Full Version : My web page reacts very slowly once the data fetched from database.

murali1983
Mar 12th, 2007, 03:19 PM
My web page reacts very slowly once I fetch data from database.
the fetched data is populated in a table, Since the data is very huge (10,000 rows) I am using a scrollable table.
Once the data is populated in table when I click on radio button or just a button
Even it takes time to get selected.

But every thing seems fine when small amount of data is fetched from database.

May I know the reason for this, and what might be the solution to handle this scenario?

BarrMan
Mar 12th, 2007, 03:56 PM
First, this is the Client-side forums section and this is obviously a Server-side issue.
Second, if you have a big amount of information in your website and you want the user to be able to use the information even before it has been completely loaded you might wanna try (ASP):

Response.Buffer = True
Look in here for more information about this property: http://www.w3schools.com/asp/prop_buffer.asp.
If your page still loads slowly you can specify only the desired tables you'd like to show in your SQL statement as in:

SQL = "SELECT field_1, field_2, field_3, field_4 FROM my_table"
This would ease on the page load time.

murali1983
Mar 12th, 2007, 04:24 PM
thanks for the help barrman

i just had a doubt wheather any of my javascript is causing a problem.

because the problem comes when the page is loaded with data, then the response for user operations(UI level) is very slow as i told before.

is it because the scrolling logic which i applied for my table ?

BarrMan
Mar 12th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Yes, your javascript scripts might cause this if you have a constant script running.