PDA

View Full Version : Help with rollover glossary PLEASE

nick_thg
Mar 1st, 2007, 04:53 PM
Does anyone have a script for a rollover popup. I need to create a rollover glossary that when a word is hover over, a div or popup comes up with its definition. Therefore, i need to be able to change the size and location parameters of the box, as well as the content.

Ancora
Mar 1st, 2007, 05:07 PM
See, this link to my code:

http://www.freewarefiles.com/program_4_44_26075.html

vwphillips
Mar 1st, 2007, 05:13 PM
welcome

There are numerous tooltip scripts avaiable as I'm sure you know.

These normally require that you need to add tags(normally SPAN) and an event call to each word requiring a tool tip.

If this is good enough there is one in the Post a Script section above.

If you require the tool tips added automatically on a word search it is more complex. I have a script to do this but would prefer to update it before posting.

Let me know

nick_thg
Mar 1st, 2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks Vic, I'll look into them

nick_thg
Mar 1st, 2007, 05:23 PM
Link looks good Mike. Thanx a lot!

nick_thg
Mar 1st, 2007, 06:43 PM
Mike,
unfortunately, this code link:
http://www.freewarefiles.com/program_4_44_26075.html
doesn't work. I downloaded it and the sample files wouldn't work in firefox, safari or ie.

Ancora
Mar 1st, 2007, 06:59 PM
Nick:

It's AJAX code, it must be used/tested online.

nick_thg
Mar 1st, 2007, 07:33 PM
Mike,

I put this online and got the error: "Error Glossary.xml File OK". no rollover occurs.

Ancora
Mar 1st, 2007, 07:44 PM
Nick:

The link I posted above contains a URL to a live WORKING demo.

The code you downloaded is identical to the code used in the live demo, no matter if you obtained it from my site or one of the mirror sites.

Identical.

The .html file and the .xml file must be in the same directory.

More than 80 people have downloaded the code, only one prior to you has had any trouble with it, and that was because he didn't test it online.

I don't know what you are doing or not doing to prevent it from working.

See the live demo.

nick_thg
Mar 1st, 2007, 08:15 PM
thanx mike, i do have them in the same directory. I appreciate all the attention you are giving my issue.

nick_thg
Mar 1st, 2007, 08:37 PM
I got it mike. Forgot to bring in the <div> tags. DOH! Thanx for all your attention.

Ancora
Mar 1st, 2007, 08:52 PM
You're welcome, Nick. Good luck with your project.

nick_thg
Mar 1st, 2007, 09:52 PM
Hey Mike, one more quick question. Is there a way to change the font face, size and color, and the background color of the pop-up? Or is it all default? I couldn't find a style or anything for it.

nick_thg
Mar 1st, 2007, 09:58 PM
sorry, i found it