PDA

View Full Version : CSS Template help..

frankiep
Feb 21st, 2007, 05:17 PM
Hi-

I'm new to both DW & CSS. So I created a page in CSS then turned that page into a template with editable regions. Figuring, I could then create pages with consistancy & update them easier. The problem is when I create a page from that template page and preview it in the browser it looks fine. But when I upload it onto my server DW adds a / before the link to the style sheet. (the / is not there in priview) It also adds this / before any images I placed in editable regions.

looks like this <link href="/ccstyles.css"
and the same for img

this / shouldn't be there.
So I would like to know if anyone knows why it is doing this on upload and how can i correct it. I don't want to have to drage everypage into an html editor for corrections everytime I upload a page.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Frankie

_Aerospace_Eng_
Feb 21st, 2007, 05:25 PM
Make sure the template files are in the root directory of your site on your computer. So if you images are in the my documents folder. Make sure the template files are also in the my documents folder. Don't put them in another folder.

frankiep
Feb 21st, 2007, 05:36 PM
When I started the site I created a site folder. All of the images, style sheets, html pages ...everything pertaining to that site is in that folder. However, DW creates a folder for templates and places them in that folder in the site folder.

I've been using the reference "DW the missing manual" that says that template files must remain in the template folder. Now, I could very well remove on and place it in the root folder but that still wouldn't explain why it is adding the / to css and images. Would it?