PDA

View Full Version : MySpace Layout/HTML/CSS Help Needed Please

BennyBlanco
02-17-2007, 04:51 AM
I got this MySpace layout that I really want to use for my site, but there's a small problem, you can't see the text very well cause the colors are the same as the colors of background image. To see what I'm talking about, go here: www.myspace.com/thisiscaliban. See how the blah blah blah can't be seen when it's against the picture?

Now I know the solution to this problem, I just don't know how to implement it. What I need to do is make the backgrounds of the boxes black but then put in an opacity level of about 50% or so. Now I've spent the last two hours tryin to figure out where to put it in but everywhere I put it in, it also makes the text 50% opaque. Isn't there a way to make it so that just the black of the boxes is 50% opaque and not the text?

Here's the code in its entirety:

<Style type="text/css" source="http://www.strikefile.com/" author="Thomas Zwaagstra">
table, tr, td{
background-color:transparent;
border-style:none;
}

body{
background-color:rgb(0,0,0);
background-image:url(http://ly.fdots.com/cc/c3/c299af08de...0a7b81.jp g);
background-position:center center;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-attachment:fixed;
}

body, div, p, strong, td, .text, .blacktext10, .blacktext12, a.searchlinkSmall, a.searchlinkSmall:link, a.searchlinkSmall:visited{
color:rgb(255,0,0);
font-weight:normal;
font-style:normal;
text-decoration:none;
text-transform:none;
}

.orangetext15, strong, .lightbluetext8, .whitetext12, .nametext, .btext, .redtext, .redbtext{
color:rgb(255,255,0);
font-weight:bold;
text-decoration:none;
}

a, a font, a:link, a:visited, a.navbar, a.navbar:link, a.navbar:visited, a.man, a.man:link, a.man:visited, a.man font, a.redlink, a.redlink:visited{
color:rgb(255,0,0);
text-decoration:underline ;
}

a:hover, a:hover font, a:active, a.navbar:hover, a.navbar:active, a.man:hover, a.man:active, a.man:hover font, a.searchlinkSmall:hover, a.searchlinkSmall:active, a.redlink:hover, a.redlink:hover{
color:rgb(255,255,0);
text-decoration:underline ;
}

table table table, div table table{
border-color:rgb(255,255,0);
border-style:solid;
border-width:1px;
}

table table table table, div table table table{
}

A IMG{
}
a </Style>

<style>
a .text
{
font-weight: bold;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
</style>

<style type="text/css">
body, html {visibility:visible !important; display:block !important}
</style>

zoobie
02-17-2007, 05:42 AM
how about background-position:center bottom; (or top) ?
or just drop it

BennyBlanco
02-17-2007, 06:30 AM
how about background-position:center bottom; (or top) ?
or just drop it

Ummm, you're talkin to someone who is pretty much just a little bit above a novice.

What does drop it mean?

All the background-position thing did was move the background image a little bit. I want to edit the boxes where all the typing and stuff is.

harbingerOTV
02-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Isn't there a way to make it so that just the black of the boxes is 50% opaque and not the text?

In short. No.

If you apply opacity liek that it will affect everyting inside.

Since myspace code is crap anyways, you can use comments to tell all non-IE6 browsers to do it right and let IE6 have solid backgrounds or whatever.

on the area in qeuestion write something like:

whatever {
background: transparent url(link-to-your-image/grey.png);
}

and then at the end of your css do something like:

<!--[if lte IE 6]>
whatever {
background: 000;
}
<![endif]-->

then somewhere like photobucket or something, make and host a littel 2x2 png that is a black square with like 50% opacity.

everythign will load the png in and it will be semi transparent behind the text. IE 0-6 will then see the rule and make that background black.

BennyBlanco
02-18-2007, 12:36 AM
Damn, if it's not gonna work in IE, I'm gonna just forget about it since that's what most people use and this a semi-business type of site that needs people to be able to see what I'm sayin. Ah well.