PDA

View Full Version : CSS help

stev0rz
02-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Hi, my name is Stev, and I'm having some trouble with my website. I'm making it through Yahoo! small business, so I'm not really coding much of it myself. My page is at www.willitsgifts.com If you look at it in firefox you should see my banner fully displayed, however in IE it appears much smaller. I think that it is because the table below it is on top of it or my CSS just doesn't work to IE standards.

Here is what seems to me to be an important piece of why this might be happening.

<body id="maintype" class="vertical">
<div id="container">
<div id="header">
<br class="clear"/>
<h3 id="brandmark">
<a title="" href="index.html"/>
</h3>
</div>
<form id="searcharea" name="searcharea" action="http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/nsearch" method="get">
<fieldset>
<label class="labelfield" for="searchfield">
<span>Search</span>
<input id="query" type="text" name="query"/>
</label>
<label class="buttonlabel" for="searchsubmit">
<input id="searchsubmit" class="ys_primary" type="submit" value="Go" name="searchsubmit"/>
<input type="hidden" value="yhst-41856483920660" name="vwcatalog"/>
</label>
</fieldset>
<input type="hidden" value="http://www.willitsgifts.com/" name=".autodone"/>
</form>

That should just be the header part of the page. Now I also have this CSS snippet.

#header {background:$header-background-color
url('$header-background-image') ; zoom:1; min-height:79px;}

It is located in a CSS file that is linked to this page. It is called css-edits.css I'm not exactly a pro with CSS, assuming that is where the problem is derived from. Another thing, when you change the min-height value, the header area gets bigger and the header repeats in firefox, but in IE it changes nothing at all. If anyone has an ideas for me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

_Aerospace_Eng_
02-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Are you aloud to upload your own pages? The page builder you are using is creating a lot of invalid code and it makes the code nearly impossible to read.

stev0rz
02-17-2007, 02:59 AM
Yeah, It's pretty lame. I think I am allowed to upload my own pages, however I have not found out how to do so, I don't see any file manager on the site or any information where I can connect via FTP. I'll try to figure it out, and get back to you on that if I can.

Update: It has a file Manager that I found, but when I go to it it doesn't show anything. Then I found the FTP information, connected to it, and it denied me access. This really sucks. Any ideas?

jlhaslip
02-17-2007, 06:59 AM
For the temporary purpose of getting the page up and running, try an account at trap17.net. There is a top banner ad, but it will give you some time to sort that provider out and figure what you might have to do next.