PDA

View Full Version : visited links color when the links opens a new window

slat
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Hi

I have hundreds of links in my jsf based jsp page which are links to pdf files and when clicked on a link, it opens the pdf file in pdf reader such as acrobat reader.

I have set the styles for the links as

a {
color: #0000FF;
text-decoration: underline;
}

a:visited {
color: #606060;

}

a:hover {

}

a:active {

}
These styles work for links which link to other pages or does something like sorting etc, i.e. they change the color once they are visited but not for the links which opens a new window. Is there anything different that need to be done to change the styles of the links which open a new window other to that of links to other pages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

_Aerospace_Eng_
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Can you post a link to your page? It could be a browser setting on your end or something.

slat
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:48 PM
It may not be browser setting. I tried the following link and when clicked on View as HTML link, it opens a new window and it changes the color for me after clicking on it.

http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/f338d71ccde39f08852568dd006f956d/c694c94643fa6a0f85256d7300167a62?OpenDocument

Sorry I cannot send you my link as it is still in testing....

Thanks

_Aerospace_Eng_
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Then you need to show us more code because it seems like something else is overwriting what you already have. Help us help you. We aren't psychic. Even setup a test page and put it on a free webhost. Thats not hard to do.