PDA

View Full Version : CSS margins and position and <div>

Sonjaaa
Nov 29th, 2006, 07:56 PM
What am I doing wrong? I want the web page to be divided into 4 sections, like a table, with the lower-right one being content and the 3 others being used for navigation menus or titles or info.

Problems:
-The lower left section is not carrying the background colour all the way to the bottom of the browser widnow.
-Same thing for the upper right panel and the content panel, should carry the colour all the way to the right.
-How do I set the text in "content" to display slightly to the right of the division, instead of right on.
-Same for the upper right panel. I want to add an image there that starts in the pannel.

Thanks so much!!!

<style>
div#upperleft {position:absolute; left:0px; top:0px; z-index:2; background-color:#323e39; width:110px; height:110px}
div#upperright {position:absolute; left:0px; top:0px; z-index:1; background-color:#d9dfe3; height:110px; width:100%; border-left:110px}
div#lowerleft {position: absolute; left:0px; top: 110px; background-color: #43524c; width:110px}
div#content {position: absolute; left:110px; top:110px; background-color: #abb6be}
</style>

_Aerospace_Eng_
Nov 29th, 2006, 08:34 PM
The thing you are doing wrong is using absolute positioning. Most layouts require little or NO absolute positioning. It looks like you are looking for a layout similar to this
http://bonrouge.com/2+2.php